I believe many marketers or individuals who are new to the concept of SEO have come across this question.
It is not unusual for many to have received disappointing results that does not add value to their company from inexperienced SEO companies.
So, how do you go about choosing a good SEO company?
- Firstly, do not be fooled by the attractive and low price of some SEO services. It is a common knowledge for experts in the field that a good SEO consultant does not come cheaply as their work requires professional skills, strategy, planning, implementation and maintenance.
- Always go to a SEO company with the better reputation. Similar to engaging other professional services, it is important that you look for a trustworthy partner of vendor. This is because when done incorrectly, SEO can backfire and may even cause your website to be penalised by major search engines.
- Before you engage any SEO services, you should always do some research to gain general knowledge on the subject. This can prevent you from being fooled by unethical SEO companies.
- Try not to engage the service of offshore companies for the sake of a lower cost as it is impossible to know if a company is really what it says it is just by judging on its website. A company can claim to have many specialists and have a huge portfolio of clients in order to appeal to their potential customers.
If you are looking at engaging SEO services, it is important to note that it is not meant to be a one-time service. Think of it as similar to any PR retainer or website maintenance service - In order to have updated web content, press releases on the medias, you will require maintenance services.
SEO is about staying competitive, once you stop fighting to be at the top, you will be out of the race sooner of later. SEO can be a short-term or a long-term achievement, and if you are looking towards long-term success for your marketing efforts, SEO is the way to go.
- More Posts in Marketing Category:
- Traditional Small Business SEO Success Story 23 Feb, 2013
- SEO Competitive Analysis – What does it Entail? 07 Apr, 2012
- The Hidden Value of SEO? 22 Mar, 2011
- New Google SEO Starter Guide for Beginners 07 Oct, 2010
- Live Chat Support for SEO Consultation 06 Sep, 2010
- Aftermarket Ink HP 5000 – The SEO Challenge 10 Jun, 2010
- Survey shows brands still see more potential in digital media than ever 23 Feb, 2010
- How to SEO your website rank on Google Singapore Search Result 03 Apr, 2009
- Email Marketing Tips 16 Mar, 2009
Latest Blog Posts
- Traditional Small Business SEO Success Story
- Tiger Airways fined for spamming
- SEO Competitive Analysis – What does it Entail?
- How To Setup Goal Tracking in Google Analytics
- Wiki Is Blacking Out For 24 Hours
- Notion Age Annual Christmas Celebration at Marina Bay Sands
- Happy Holidays!
- Ready Website Template vs Professional Custom Made Website
- The Hidden Value of SEO?
- Apple’s iPad 1st Year Anniversary