About two years ago Google has published their first version of SEO Starter Guide, which have since translated into 40 languages.
This guide first began as an effort to help teams within Google, but they thought it'd be just as useful to webmasters that are new to the topic of Search Engine Optimization and wish to improve their sites' interaction with both users and search engines. Although this guide won't tell you any secrets that'll automatically rank your site first for queries in Google (sorry!), following the best practices outlined in this guide will make it easier for search engines to crawl, index and understand your content.
Once again, Google has just announced an updated fresh new Starter Guide to SEO with more content and examples.
What’s new in this guide:
- Added Glossary to define terms throughout the guide
- Added more example images to help beginners better understand the content
- Learn the good ways to optimise your Website for mobile devices
- Improved better readability by clearer wording
What are some simple ways that you can improve your website's SEO-Friendliness in Google?
This Google Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide may answer your question! It covers couples of common areas that webmasters might consider optimising, such as improving title and description meta tags, URL structure, site navigation, content creation, and more.
Of course you can download the newer version of Google SEO Starter Guide here. Enjoy! :)
- More Posts in Marketing Category:
- Traditional Small Business SEO Success Story 23 Feb, 2013
- SEO Competitive Analysis – What does it Entail? 07 Apr, 2012
- The Hidden Value of SEO? 22 Mar, 2011
- Live Chat Support for SEO Consultation 06 Sep, 2010
- Aftermarket Ink HP 5000 – The SEO Challenge 10 Jun, 2010
- Your Guide To Choosing a Good SEO Company 22 May, 2010
- Survey shows brands still see more potential in digital media than ever 23 Feb, 2010
- How to SEO your website rank on Google Singapore Search Result 03 Apr, 2009
- Email Marketing Tips 16 Mar, 2009
Latest Blog Posts
- Traditional Small Business SEO Success Story
- Tiger Airways fined for spamming
- SEO Competitive Analysis – What does it Entail?
- How To Setup Goal Tracking in Google Analytics
- Wiki Is Blacking Out For 24 Hours
- Notion Age Annual Christmas Celebration at Marina Bay Sands
- Happy Holidays!
- Ready Website Template vs Professional Custom Made Website
- The Hidden Value of SEO?
- Apple’s iPad 1st Year Anniversary