I going to share the tips based on my experience on how to SEO a website to target on Google.com.sg (Local Based Search Result).
Basically if you are visitors from Singapore when you visit google.com it will auto-redirect to Google.com.sg. And there are 2 types of search options “the web” or “pages from Singapore”.
Google gives more recognition to country specific website in local search results if Google think that your website provides relevant local information for a particular search queries, you will be automatically get listed on Google.com.sg.
Based on my experience, there are 2 basic requirements for appearing on “pages from Singapore’ only search results, if the website using a ccTLD (com.sg / .sg) or hosted in Singapore based web data center.
So how do you tell Googlebot that your website is Singapore based website and make them appear more results on Google.com.sg?
Beside the most common method using the word ‘Singapore’ in the meta tag content (example: title, description, keyword or country) on your home page or writing local specific content, these are the following methodology you can adopt.
- You can use word of “Singapore” on all web page body content, it can be part of the footer or header.
- Put full office address and telephone number with country code +65 on contact us page.
- Add your full address on Google Maps.
- Using Google webmaster tool to set target territory to “Singapore”
- Link building with include country name “Singapore” in anchor text links.
- Try to get inbound links from local relevant sites. You can do so by searching those website that appear on “pages from Singapore”. Example: Blog, Forums or Classifieds.
- Outbound links to some authorise Singapore local websites. Example: website from .gov.sg .org.sg or edu.sg
After you adopted all above SEO techniques, I believe your website should be able to recognize by Google that you are Singapore based website. Please be patient to wait for some time to see the results. Enjoy!
- More Posts in Marketing Category:
- Traditional Small Business SEO Success Story 23 Feb, 2013
- SEO Competitive Analysis – What does it Entail? 07 Apr, 2012
- The Hidden Value of SEO? 22 Mar, 2011
- New Google SEO Starter Guide for Beginners 07 Oct, 2010
- Live Chat Support for SEO Consultation 06 Sep, 2010
- Aftermarket Ink HP 5000 – The SEO Challenge 10 Jun, 2010
- Your Guide To Choosing a Good SEO Company 22 May, 2010
- Survey shows brands still see more potential in digital media than ever 23 Feb, 2010
- Email Marketing Tips 16 Mar, 2009
Latest Blog Posts
- Traditional Small Business SEO Success Story
- Tiger Airways fined for spamming
- SEO Competitive Analysis – What does it Entail?
- How To Setup Goal Tracking in Google Analytics
- Wiki Is Blacking Out For 24 Hours
- Notion Age Annual Christmas Celebration at Marina Bay Sands
- Happy Holidays!
- Ready Website Template vs Professional Custom Made Website
- The Hidden Value of SEO?
- Apple’s iPad 1st Year Anniversary