It is pointless to conduct any kind of SEO exercise without knowing your competitors well. Before you get started with your own SEO campaign, it is imperative to conduct a competitive analysis so as to find out the various strategies being employed by your competitors. Understanding your competitors SEO strategy, website and their level of penetration in the internet is imperative for the success of your SEO campaigns. Conducting an effective SEO analysis will make your search engine optimization process much easier and more objective.
The first thing that you have to do during SEO analysis is to identify who your main competitors are. Many people may feel stranded and wonder how to go about conducting a competitive analysis. You could begin by conducting a content analysis. By analyzing your competitors’ web content, you can be in a position to set a benchmark for yourself and know how to optimize your website.
Some of the activities that you can undertake while conducting competitive analysis include comparing your titles and description tags with those of your competitors. Note how the keywords have been placed in the titles and also find out how you can improve your tags so that they can be more appealing than those of your competitors. During SEO analysis, you may also analyze your competitors’ body text. Conduct a keyword analysis and find out about the overall keyword density. Also find out whether the web content is relevant to the key words used.
While conducting a competitive analysis, it is also wise to determine the number of links available in your competitors’ website. How many incoming links do your competitors have and how many do you have? If you happen to find out that your competitors have more incoming links than you do, you will need to do something and work on it. This is the main aim of SEO analysis; identifying the strong points of your competitors and then upgrading your website to be better than that of the competing businesses.
While you are comparing the number of links you have with the number of links that your competitors have, you also have to consider the relevancy of those links. Usually, competitive analysis involves checking the quality of the links available; the quality is just as, and sometimes even more, important than the amount of the links. It is imperative to have links with high authority websites. In addition, the websites you link your site with must be relevant to your business objectives and offerings. Conducting an SEO analysis is simple since you simply make use of support software that make the analysis very fulfilling and less time consuming.
After conducting a competitive analysis, you need to get rid of duplicate text. Duplicate content is never good especially if you are seeking to attain high search engine rankings. There is nothing that the search engines hate more than duplicated text. After conducting an SEO analysis and identifying the content utilized by your competitors, you now need to try and make your web content as unique as possible as this will improve your search engine rankings.
If you needs help for your SEO campaign, you may contact our Singapore SEO Consultant for further discussion.
- More Posts in Marketing Category:
- Traditional Small Business SEO Success Story 23 Feb, 2013
- The Hidden Value of SEO? 22 Mar, 2011
- New Google SEO Starter Guide for Beginners 07 Oct, 2010
- Live Chat Support for SEO Consultation 06 Sep, 2010
- Aftermarket Ink HP 5000 – The SEO Challenge 10 Jun, 2010
- Your Guide To Choosing a Good SEO Company 22 May, 2010
- Survey shows brands still see more potential in digital media than ever 23 Feb, 2010
- How to SEO your website rank on Google Singapore Search Result 03 Apr, 2009
- Email Marketing Tips 16 Mar, 2009
Latest Blog Posts
- Traditional Small Business SEO Success Story
- Tiger Airways fined for spamming
- SEO Competitive Analysis – What does it Entail?
- How To Setup Goal Tracking in Google Analytics
- Wiki Is Blacking Out For 24 Hours
- Notion Age Annual Christmas Celebration at Marina Bay Sands
- Happy Holidays!
- Ready Website Template vs Professional Custom Made Website
- The Hidden Value of SEO?
- Apple’s iPad 1st Year Anniversary